John Houghton Track Announcer
John has extensive announcing experience, serving as Delaware Speedway Track Announcer for over ten years from 2005 through 2015 before stepping back from motorsports to pursue teaching and regional event promotion.
In addition to announcing at Delaware Speedway’s signature events, John also called for the track’s Junior Racing League (JRL) and has made guest announcer appearances at Flamboro Speedway, Sunset Speedway (ISMA Super Modifieds), Barrie Speedway, and the former Cayuga Speedway (ISMA Super Modifieds, Vintage Modifieds).
What You Get:
- Always a family-friendly show.
- Keeping your show moving with speedy (but professional) victory lane interviews.
- Friendly interaction with your fans. Including twitter contests and more.
- Always about your event. You won’t catch John talking about a competing event at your race track.
- Building intensity and creating story lines throughout the event heading towards the feature races.
- Highlighting your drivers & your staff. When it comes to announcing at your track: your drivers and staff are the best. No question.
- Cautions are where the real announcing happens! Build on story lines while the fans can hear clearly and increase your sales tonight with on-air promotion of your food stands and souvenir booth.
From experience, John is also able to handle on-track incidents (such as medical emergencies or other unexpected occurrences) with professionalism and class.
Check Availability & Get Rate
Rate is based on standard per-event fee + travel from the London, Ontario area.
One additional admission ticket may be requested.